Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Los Angeles Haunted Hayride

The boys are still way to young to understand Halloween or go Trick or Treating. Aaron and I decided to get into the Halloween Spirit and check out the Los Angeles Haunted Hay Ride. Well I have never been so SCARED in my whole entire life.

The main event is the Hayride, it is about 20 minutes long. You are pulled by a tractor which is driven by a friendly neighbourhood zombie, through the forest. Spiders fall from the trees, insane asylum inmates greet you at every turn, and creatures that don’t even have a name threaten to jump into your trailer. I was so frightened that I was clinging onto Aaron for dear life.

We also purchased tickets for the Ghost Stories event (which is more up my Halloween speed ). On our given night we were presented with stories called Halloween old and new. These stories included the ones of urban legends and mystery that everyone swears is true. I was content to sit around the fire and drink my hot chocolate, and ease some of my nerves from the thriller hayride.

The last attraction was the Haunted Carnival, which is more family friendly. I would never take the boys on the Hay Ride until they are teenagers, but give them another year, and they would enjoy the Carnival. We tested out the Hay Maze (not very difficult), painted a pumpkin (I am a child at heart), and Aaron tested his skills at Carnival Games. While I had another Hot Chocolate.

All in all, it was nice to have some alone time with my hubby, but was more excited to get home to my sleeping boys.












No comments:

Post a Comment